This month member Sue King is going to show us how to create 'Fabric Paper'. This is a mixed media technique that creates a fusion of fabric and paper with a unique texture that can be sewn and used for backgrounds, applique pieces or three dimensional work. If you'd like to try out this technique, Sue has provided the following requirements list.....
Fabric Paper - Materials List
- A piece of calico or other light coloured cotton fabric
- A plastic sheet
- PVA glue
- A sponge brush or old paint brush
- Magazine or travel brochure clippings, sweet wrappers, gift wrap, text or printed material, store catalogues, photocopies, shopping receipts, old books or any other printed materials (these can be on a theme if you wish)
- Paper scissors
- Tissue paper - light coloured
- Fabric paints or dyes or liquid acrylics or water colour paints or inks in your chosen colour scheme
The Art Quilt Interest Group will set up as soon as the June Meeting is finished. If you are just coming for the Art Quilt Group aim to be at the Grandstand at 12.30pm.