Here are Joy Holmes instructions for making the pillowcases mentioned in the previous post regarding the
SCCQGuild meeting report.....
Pillowcases For Oncology Kids –
1 metre 100% cotton, or two 0.5 metres of contrasting fabric
Note: Fabric Must be Washed - before or after completion
Finished Size: 18 ½ x 29 inches
Cut: 1 piece 38”x 19 ½”
1 piece 31”x 19 ½”
1. Sew a 1” double hem (turn over 1” twice) along the short side of each piece of fabric
2. Place right sides together. Sew ½” seam from bottom along one side to the hem at the top
(do not turn flap under )
3. Measure from the hem on the shorter piece to the hem on the longer piece (approx. 7”) and mark this point on the other side of the pillowcase.
4. Sew from the hem along the other side to the bottom and then across the bottom.
5. Fold flap from back over to front , making sure the folded edge and hem edge are level.
6. Machine down each side from fold to hem, finishing with a reverse stitch for strength.
7. Overlock or zig-zag raw edges.
8. Turn right side out and press.
If you'd like to make some of these pillowcases, come and join Joy at the next Sewing Day on 14 March.