This is an open sewing day, you can bring your current project or if you have something you would like some help with, perhaps the Block of the Month Challenge, or a quilt to pin etc then bring it along....
In addition, there will be a demonstration of making a flower tile block .........
there will be patterns for the daffodil (and also a daylilly) in 4", 8" and 12" sizes. You can make the block using fused or needleturn applique. If you would like to try one of these blocks then please bring :-
- light coloured fabric a couple of inches bigger than the size you plan to make, calico or cream tone-on-tone work well
- scraps of coloured fabric for the daffodil or daylilly and leaves etc
- paper the size of the block you choose
-pencil, black maker pen
- freezer paper or fusible web (eg vlisofix, wonder under) if you are fusing
- fabric marker
- needle and thread for hand applique or machine and threads to match flower and leaf colours
- tear away stabiliser if you are appliqueing by machine
- scissors and pins
You are welcome to be involved in some or all of the above .... or just enjoy the company and morning tea!We will bring irons and ironing boards and a cutting mat and provide morning tea.
Hope you can join us!